Ultimate UV*-equipped Dedicated Double-sided Printing Press
Expanding the OffsetOnDemand World
The Lithrone GX40RP
The latest OffsetOnDemand-compatible double-sided printing press carries on the brilliant performance of the LithroneG Series. This is the 40-inch UV*-equipped Lithrone GX40RP dedicated double-sided offset printing press.
Designed to deliver high quality, short turnaround, high speed, stability and reduced waste in double-sided printing.
A new system features single-edge gripping and eliminates sheet reversal. Single-edge gripping makes the margin on the tail edge of the sheets – an unavoidable structural requirement of perfectors – completely unnecessary, enabling paper costs to be cut by minimizing the sheet size. Eliminating sheet reversal ensures stable sheet transport that is capable of handling either light or heavy stocks through the use of four double-size transfer cylinders. Front/back plate imaging is in the same direction, just as with singlesided presses, increasing efficiency in prepress.
This machine expands the OffsetOnDemand world by means of cutting-edge short makeready and powderless instant drying to accommodate very small lots and short turnarounds thanks to the KHS-AI*1 integrated start-up control system and the UV* curing system. Maximum printing speed is 18,000 sheets per hour*2. Thin sheet specification for commercial printing and cardboard specification for package printing. In addition, this press can be optionally specified with the A-APC Asynchronous Automatic Plate Changer, the PDC-SX Spectral Print Density Control SX Model, and the PQA-S Print Quality Assessment System for Sheetfed to achieve even higher levels of quality and productivity.
The Lithrone GX40RP: leading-edge technologies and know-how to achieve printing automation, standardization andinnovation. A powerful platform for the new generation of printing business.
* Can be equipped with one of the following: H-UV・H-UV L (LED) or UV
*1 KHS-AI: Advanced Interface
*2 In the case of Lithrone GX40RP thin sheet, high printing speed specification
- A high-speed, high-quality one-pass two-sided printing press, the Lithrone GX series that offers great stability and short makeready time.
- Labor-saving automated systems such as the KHS-AI (Advanced Interface) and benderless Full-APC are standard equipment.
- The configuration of the one-pass double-sided printing press, which does not use a perfecting mechanism, contributes to the efficient use of paper because the margins on the top and bottom, that are required for a perfector are unnecessary.Also mode switchover and air adjustments are unnecessary, allowing for shorter changeover time.
- Equipped with the Asynchronous Automatic Plate Changer (A-APC)* for significantly shorter makeready times.
- Equipped with the H-UV/H-UV L (LED)* system, which enables fast print drying and short turnarounds. A wide range of other options is also available.
- *Optional specification
|Number of colors||front 4-8
|Max. sheet size||mm||750×1,050 (720×1,030 special specification)|
|Max. printing area||mm||740×1,040 (710×1,020 special specification)|
|Plate size||mm||811×1,055 (800×1,030 special specification)|
|Feeder pile height||mm||1,850|
|Delivery pile height||mm||1,450|
* Performance and numbers may differ from specifications herein. Specifications may also be modified for product improvements.