March 3, 2005
KOMORI Corporation (hereafter referred to as “company”) understands the importance of its users’ personal information which will be handled with the utmost care in order to protect the personal information provided by our users who visit company’s website (hereafter referred to as the “company website”.)
When users provide their personal information to company, we ask that you read and understand the following:
1. Requests to provide personal information
In order to provide our users with the best level of service, company may use the company website to request personal information such as user’s name, address, email address, and telephone number when such user sends inquiries or requests materials such as brochures, literature or other company information.
In such cases, the company will specify the purpose of use to the best extent possible, disclose the purpose to the user, and obtain the personal information within the necessary scope of use. However, the information will not be used beyond that scope without the consent of the user.
2. Management of personal information
The company takes adequate care when handling the personal information of its users. In addition to preventing unauthorized access, damage, modification, and leakage of personal information, personal information will not be provided to a third party except in the following situations:
- When company obtains the user’s consent
- When an agreement has been agreed to between company and user to ensure that the personal information is not leaked or used by anyone other than to whom the company has authority to entrust it
- When disclosure to third parties is allowed by relevant laws, policies, or guidelines. In such cases, the user will be notified before the personal information is disclosed in order to provide user the opportunity to limit or otherwise quash such request with the party requesting such disclosure.
3. Personal information reference, changes, and deletion
If the user makes a request to reference, change, or delete its personal information in the possession of the company, the request will be handled within a reasonable amount of time after the user’s identity has been confirmed. Requests by third parties to compel company to disclose personal information will not be granted unless company is forced to do so based on legal requirements.
4. Purpose and use of personal information
- To provide information about the company’s products or services
- To conduct surveys
- To deliver catalogs, brochures, literature or other requested materials
- To respond to inquiries addressed to the company
The user may delete or disable cookies using browser settings. However, please note that doing so may make it impossible for users to obtain some of the company’s services.
6. Acquisition of access logs
The company’s site obtains access logs. Access logs enable the company to obtain statistical website usage information about pages visited by the user, how long the user spends on the page, the location of the user directly prior to accessing company’s website, page transition trends, browser, and OS, etc. However, this is not used to obtain personal information.
7. Revision of personal information handling standards
The company continually revises its efforts to protect personal information and makes revisions to the content of its policies in order to make appropriate improvements or to comply with changes to applicable laws when necessary.
For inquiries about the KOMORI Group website policy (personal information handling), please visit the following link.